- Press Release: TT Club Positive Trading Performance for 2012 confirmed by A M Best
- Article 2/5/13 - Ian Hyslop Legal Consultant for TT Club 'UK Authorities Impose Fines on Operators Inadvertently Handling Goods on which Duty is Unpaid'
- Article 23/04/13 - TT Club's Marcus John 'Port Operators Need to Expect the Unexpected '
Cargo Handling Facility
The TT Club provides liability, property and equipment insurance to marine terminals, stevedores, inland clearance depots, river terminals, container freight stations, container storage depots and airfreight handling terminals.
As well as liability for damage to customer's cargo, ships and containers, your business may be exposed to domestic and international third party risks. The levels of compensation paid in bodily injury cases highlight this exposure.
TT Club cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers. In addition to liability insurance, the TT Club offers insurance for property and handling equipment thus protecting investment against accidental damage, weather damage, machinery breakdown or increased costs of working following an accident.
In addition, the Club offers comprehensive loss prevention and risk assessment services.
Standard covers include:
- Liabilities for loss of or damage to cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of or damage to equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities including impact and sudden accidental pollution
- Fines for regulatory breach including eg customs, pollution and safety at work
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
Property covers include:
- Docks and wharfs
- Handling equipment
- Straddle carriers
- Reach stackers
- Top lifters
- Fork lifts
- RoRo ramps
- Tractor units
- Locomotives and rolling stock
- Rail & road infrastructure
Additional covers may include:
- Business interruption risks
- Ships' agency liabilities
- Fire legal liability
- Infringement of personal rights
- Liability as a supplier of advice and information
- Hull and P&I risks
Long term contracts are available on request subject to agreement of terms. Enquiries should be directed to your broker, or to the Club.
Examples of how TT Club helps its members.