- Article 2/5/13 - Ian Hyslop Legal Consultant for TT Club 'UK Authorities Impose Fines on Operators Inadvertently Handling Goods on which Duty is Unpaid'
- Article 23/04/13 - TT Club's Marcus John 'Port Operators Need to Expect the Unexpected '
- Article 10/04/13 -TT Club's Andrew Kemp 'Business development opportunities for brokers afforded by the Middle East'
- Article 5/04/13 - TT Club's Andrew Kemp 'Don’t be fazed by HMRC move'
- Press Release - TT Club Sees Innovation Proliferate in the Logistics Sector
- TT Club’s Financial Strength Rating Once More Set at A- (Excellent)
Port Authority Cover
The TT Club's cover is designed to create a comprehensive package of insurance products to cope with the combination of commercial and environmental business risks faced by port operators. No two operators face an identical range of risks and so it is essential to tailor cover to individual situations. Insurance is designed to operate alongside other covers, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
Many port operators engage in other activities such as freight forwarding or logistics operations and these can be covered in conjunction with port liability risks.
TT Club also offers insurance for property and handling equipment thus protecting a port's investment against accidental damage, weather damage, machinery breakdown or increased cost of working following an accident.
The club also offers comprehensive loss prevention and risk assessment services.
Standard covers include:
- Liabilities for loss of or damage to cargo and customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of or damage to equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities including impact and sudden accidental pollution
- Fines for regulatory breach including eg customs, pollution and safety at work
- Wreck removal costs
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
Property covers include:
- Docks and wharfs
- Handling equipment
- Straddle carriers
- Reach stackers
- Top lifters
- Fork lifts
- RoRo ramps
- Tractor units
- Locomotives and rolling stock
- Rail & road infrastructure
Additional covers may include:
- Business interruption risks
- Fire legal liability
- Infringement of personal rights
- Liability as a supplier of advice and information
- Hull and P&I risks
Long term contracts are available on request subject to agreement of terms. Enquiries should be directed to your broker, or to the Club.
Examples of how TT Club helps its members.