TT Talk - Forthcoming amendments to ADR and RID
- Date: 08/10/2010
- Source: TT Talk 134
The FIATA Advisory Body Dangerous Goods (ABDG) has provided an advice concerning the proposed amendments of the ADR (European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road) and the RID (Regulation concerning the carriage of Dangerous Goods by rail) that are due to enter into force on 1 January 2011. There are general transitional measures until 30 June 2011 with the possibility to apply for longer transitional measures for specific technical issues.
The amendments touch on the following subjects:
- New definition and obligations for "unlades"
- Complete reformatting of LQ (Limited Quantities) provisions
- Transport document: Change of sequence of entries for dangerous waste
- Transport document: New entry (“environmentally hazardous substances”)
- Retention of dangerous goods transport information
- Change of Instructions in Writing
- ADR driver training – change of system and certificate
The full details of these changes can be downloaded from the following link:
For further information on the ADR/RID Regulations, you may refer to FIATA Advisory Body Dangerous Goods (ABDG) or your usual Club contact.