Tank container operators: risk mitigation for a sustainable future
The intermodal transport of bulk liquid and solid cargoes can present operational challenges for all actors in the transport chain. Owing to its robust design and durability the portable tank has become recognised as the safest, most cost efficient, flexible and environmentally friendly means of transporting bulk liquids and chemicals globally. The portable tank’s multimodality allows seamless transfer between road, rail and sea.
This session covers:
- Outlook for the tank container industry
- Current concerns and challenges
- Regulatory considerations and drive for simplification
- TT Club's tank container claims analysis
- The role of cleaning documents
- William Leigh-Pemberton, Chairman Operators Division, ITCO
- Sabine Schultes, Senior Manager Transport & Logistics Safety, CEFIC
- Mike Yarwood, Managing Director Loss Prevention, TT Club
- Lutz Harder, General Secretary, EFTCO
Tank container operators: risk mitigation for a sustainable future (5 MB)
You may also be interested in:
With an insurable interest in excess of 50% of the world's tank container fleet, freight transport insurer TT Club has an intimate understanding of the sector. Its latest StopLoss guidance for tank container operators in managing risk in this element of the global supply chain contains valuable advice.
Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award 2021 announced at final online event
FIATA International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations and TT Club, international freight transport insurer, revealed this year’s global winner of the Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award (YIFFYA) during today’s final online event.