Tank container operators: risk mitigation for a sustainable future
The intermodal transport of bulk liquid and solid cargoes can present operational challenges for all actors in the transport chain. Owing to its robust design and durability the portable tank has become recognised as the safest, most cost efficient, flexible and environmentally friendly means of transporting bulk liquids and chemicals globally. The portable tank’s multimodality allows seamless transfer between road, rail and sea.
This session covers:
- Outlook for the tank container industry
- Current concerns and challenges
- Regulatory considerations and drive for simplification
- TT Club's tank container claims analysis
- The role of cleaning documents
- William Leigh-Pemberton, Chairman Operators Division, ITCO
- Sabine Schultes, Senior Manager Transport & Logistics Safety, CEFIC
- Mike Yarwood, Managing Director Loss Prevention, TT Club
- Lutz Harder, General Secretary, EFTCO
Tank container operators - risk mitigation for a sustainable future_25Nov21 (5 MB)
You may also be interested in:
TT Club's Loss Prevention team is pleased to be running a webinar discussion around Quay Container cranes and Loss prevention actions.
TT Talk - Tank container risks
The versatility of the tank container for both transport and storage can give it preference over traditional parcel tankers and drums, influencing how supply chains develop, providing additional efficiencies and flexibility.
TT Talk - Storm preparedness
TT Club offers risk guidance advice in relation to quay container crane maintenance and changing climatic risk.