TT Club insurance for ship operators offers a comprehensive package of liability and equipment cover to ship owners, charterers and combined transport operators in deep sea, short sea and river trades.
Designed to operate in conjunction with P&I cover, TT Club cover can include protection for wider business activities such as freight forwarding, ships' agency or terminal operations. TT Club cover also provides protection for investment in capital equipment required by most finance houses and comprehensive liability and equipment insurance to meet lessors' insurance needs. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
TT's standard insurance for ship operators includes access to our worldwide equipment survey programme, designed to speed up claims processing and provide a body of loss prevention data accessible to Members. Our policies are tailor-made to meet your precise needs.
Who we insure
- Rolling stocks
- Swap bodies
Typical cover for Ship Operators
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- General average and salvage
- Third party liabilities linking with P&I cover, e.g. carriage on land
- Cargo liabilities due to defective equipment during pre or on carriage arranged by shipper or receiver
- Fines imposed by an authority which are not covered by P&I insurance, e.g. confiscation of insured equipment
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal, quarantine and disinfection costs
Additional cover for Ship Operators
- Forwarding liabilities when arranging pre? and on-carriage
- Political risks including war risks on land, capture, seizure and requisition of equipment
- Ships' agency liabilities
- USA chassis liability
Ship operators cover document 129 KB
Container risks cover document 300 KB
Initial information request form - ship operators 175 KB
Specific information document - ship operators 206 KB
Specific information document - container lessors 79 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Container Lessors 731 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Ship Operators 738 KB
You may also be interested inView all
TT Talk - Spotlighting Lithium-ion risks
Read more about the risks associated with the use of Lithium-ion batteries, a topic with emerging concerns throughout the global supply chain.
TT Talk - Demystifying General Average
Read more about TT Club's latest publication on GA StopLoss, providing general advice and a straightforward overview of the topic.
Read more about the clarification of the application of time-bars in relation to deliveries made after discharge from the ship.