TT Club insurance for ship operators offers a comprehensive package of liability and equipment cover to ship owners, charterers and combined transport operators in deep sea, short sea and river trades.
Designed to operate in conjunction with P&I cover, TT Club cover can include protection for wider business activities such as freight forwarding, ships' agency or terminal operations. TT Club cover also provides protection for investment in capital equipment required by most finance houses and comprehensive liability and equipment insurance to meet lessors' insurance needs. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
TT's standard insurance for ship operators includes access to our worldwide equipment survey programme, designed to speed up claims processing and provide a body of loss prevention data accessible to Members. Our policies are tailor-made to meet your precise needs.
Who we insure
- Rolling stocks
- Swap bodies
Typical cover for Ship Operators
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- General average and salvage
- Third party liabilities linking with P&I cover, e.g. carriage on land
- Cargo liabilities due to defective equipment during pre or on carriage arranged by shipper or receiver
- Fines imposed by an authority which are not covered by P&I insurance, e.g. confiscation of insured equipment
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal, quarantine and disinfection costs
Additional cover for Ship Operators
- Forwarding liabilities when arranging pre? and on-carriage
- Political risks including war risks on land, capture, seizure and requisition of equipment
- Ships' agency liabilities
- USA chassis liability
Ship operators cover document 129 KB
Container risks cover document 300 KB
Initial information request form - ship operators 175 KB
Specific information document - ship operators 206 KB
Specific information document - container lessors 79 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Container Lessors 731 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Ship Operators 738 KB
Local time: 10:58 | Thursday, 21 June
You may also be interested inView all
TT Talk - Fatigue can kill
Fatigue impacts not just the individual concerned, but co-workers and potentially the general public.
TT Talk - Death in spaces
This month we outline the steps that could be taken to protect workers from the dangers of enclosed spaces.
TT Talk - Clandestine migration in freight
Read about the risks associated with clandestine migration around the world and the impact on the freight supply chain.
Managing the safety of all third- party personnel who might not be familiar with your facility should be a high priority and can present additional challenges.
Related products & servicesView all
Grain cargo handling facilities insurance
Tailored insurance for bulk grain handling terminals.
Cargo handling facilities insurance
Tailored insurance for airfreight terminals, bulk handling terminals, storage depots and warehouses and marine and river terminals.
Freight forwarders cargo insurance
Cargo insurance for small to medium-sized shippers of cargo internationally by all modes of transport
Transport & logistics operators insurance
Transport & Logistics insurance, is tailor-made insurance cover for airfreight companies, freight forwarders, road hauliers, tank and container operators and NVOCs.
Over 95% of our Members decide to renew their policy with us each year. Get in touch now for a quote.
Click "read more" to request a quote or submit an enquiry.