TT Club insurance for ship operators offers a comprehensive package of liability and equipment cover to ship owners, charterers and combined transport operators in deep sea, short sea and river trades.
Designed to operate in conjunction with P&I cover, TT Club cover can include protection for wider business activities such as freight forwarding, ships' agency or terminal operations. TT Club cover also provides protection for investment in capital equipment required by most finance houses and comprehensive liability and equipment insurance to meet lessors' insurance needs. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
TT's standard insurance for ship operators includes access to our worldwide equipment survey programme, designed to speed up claims processing and provide a body of loss prevention data accessible to Members. Our policies are tailor-made to meet your precise needs.
Who we insure
- Rolling stocks
- Swap bodies
Typical cover for Ship Operators
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- General average and salvage
- Third party liabilities linking with P&I cover, e.g. carriage on land
- Cargo liabilities due to defective equipment during pre or on carriage arranged by shipper or receiver
- Fines imposed by an authority which are not covered by P&I insurance, e.g. confiscation of insured equipment
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal, quarantine and disinfection costs
Additional cover for Ship Operators
- Forwarding liabilities when arranging pre? and on-carriage
- Political risks including war risks on land, capture, seizure and requisition of equipment
- Ships' agency liabilities
- USA chassis liability
Ship operators cover document 129 KB
Container risks cover document 300 KB
Initial information request form - ship operators 175 KB
Specific information document - ship operators 206 KB
Specific information document - container lessors 79 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Container Lessors 731 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Ship Operators 738 KB
Local time: 10:58 | Thursday, 21 June
You may also be interested inView all
This article looks at freight crime in its simplest form
Good housekeeping extends beyond simple cleanliness, this article discusses how good housekeeping controls, reduces or eliminates workplace hazards.
TT Talk - Persistent wildlife crime
Wildlife crime is a topic that remains a critical threat to biodiversity, local and national economies, national and international security, and global health.
Read more about how the TT Club looks to support various initiatives that seek to improve safety and security in the global supply chain.
Related products & servicesView all
Grain cargo handling facilities insurance
Tailored insurance for bulk grain handling terminals.
Freight forwarders cargo insurance
Cargo insurance for small to medium-sized shippers of cargo internationally by all modes of transport
Transport & logistics operators insurance
Transport & Logistics insurance, is tailor-made insurance cover for airfreight companies, freight forwarders, road hauliers, tank and container operators and NVOCs.
Ports & terminals insurance
TT Club's tailored insurance covers traditional liability risks as well as commercial and environmental risks faced by all ports and terminals.
Over 95% of our Members decide to renew their policy with us each year. Get in touch now for a quote.
Click "read more" to request a quote or submit an enquiry.