As ship sizes continue to grow, cargo handling facilities face mounting pressure in relation to productivity, which in turn can lead to a new or increased level of risk. As well as liability for damage to customer's cargo, ships and containers, your business may be exposed to domestic and international third-party risks. The increasing levels of compensation paid in bodily injury cases highlight this exposure.
We tailor-make policies to reflect the risks you face. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
Who we insure
- Airfreight handing terminals
- Bulk marine terminals
- Container freight stations
- Container storage depots
- Inland clearance depots
- Marine terminals
- River terminals
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities including impact and sudden accidental pollution
- Fines for regulatory breach such as customs, pollution and safety at work
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
- Business interruption risks
- Fire legal liability
- Hull and P&I risks
- Infringement of personal rights
- Liability as a supplier of advice and information
- Property, from building and berths to fork lifts and conveyors
- Ships' agency liabilities
Cargo handling facility cover document 190 KB
Bulk cargo handling facility cover document 321 KB
North American cargo handling facility cover document 296 KB
Initial information request form - cargo handling facility 224 KB
Specific information document - cargo handling facility 224 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Cargo Handling Facilities 731 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Port Ships 748 KB
Local time: 10:58 | Thursday, 21 June
You may also be interested inView all
This article looks at freight crime in its simplest form
Good housekeeping extends beyond simple cleanliness, this article discusses how good housekeeping controls, reduces or eliminates workplace hazards.
TT Talk - Persistent wildlife crime
Wildlife crime is a topic that remains a critical threat to biodiversity, local and national economies, national and international security, and global health.
Read more about how the TT Club looks to support various initiatives that seek to improve safety and security in the global supply chain.
Related products & servicesView all
Grain cargo handling facilities insurance
Tailored insurance for bulk grain handling terminals.
Freight forwarders cargo insurance
Cargo insurance for small to medium-sized shippers of cargo internationally by all modes of transport
Transport & logistics operators insurance
Transport & Logistics insurance, is tailor-made insurance cover for airfreight companies, freight forwarders, road hauliers, tank and container operators and NVOCs.
Ports & terminals insurance
TT Club's tailored insurance covers traditional liability risks as well as commercial and environmental risks faced by all ports and terminals.
Over 95% of our Members decide to renew their policy with us each year. Get in touch now for a quote.
Click "read more" to request a quote or submit an enquiry.