As ship sizes continue to grow, cargo handling facilities face mounting pressure in relation to productivity, which in turn can lead to a new or increased level of risk. As well as liability for damage to customer's cargo, ships and containers, your business may be exposed to domestic and international third-party risks. The increasing levels of compensation paid in bodily injury cases highlight this exposure.
We tailor-make policies to reflect the risks you face. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
Who we insure
- Airfreight handing terminals
- Bulk marine terminals
- Container freight stations
- Container storage depots
- Inland clearance depots
- Marine terminals
- River terminals
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities including impact and sudden accidental pollution
- Fines for regulatory breach such as customs, pollution and safety at work
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
- Business interruption risks
- Fire legal liability
- Hull and P&I risks
- Infringement of personal rights
- Liability as a supplier of advice and information
- Property, from building and berths to fork lifts and conveyors
- Ships' agency liabilities
Cargo handling facility cover document (190 KB)
Bulk handling cargo facility cover (321 KB)
North American cargo handling facility cover (296 KB)
Initial Information Request (224 KB)
Specific information document - cargo handling facility (224 KB)
TT Club Wordings 2021 - Cargo Handling Facilities (688 KB)
TT Club Wordings 2021 - Port Ships (704 KB)
You may also be interested inView all
Learn more about the risks of abandoned cargo as we reflect on the Beirut explosion of August 2021.
Learn more about how port authorities and terminal operators are facing an increasing risk of insurance claims relating to storm damage.
TT Talk - Identifying and avoiding fraud
Learn to identify fraud scams to avoid becoming a victim.
Explore the wider consequences of freight crime on society and find out what the transport and logistics industry can do to respond to the threat.