As ship sizes continue to grow, cargo handling facilities face mounting pressure in relation to productivity, which in turn can lead to a new or increased level of risk. As well as liability for damage to customer's cargo, ships and containers, your business may be exposed to domestic and international third-party risks. The increasing levels of compensation paid in bodily injury cases highlight this exposure.
We tailor-make policies to reflect the risks you face. Our cover is designed to operate alongside other insurances, minimising the chance of gaps or overlapping covers.
Who we insure
- Airfreight handing terminals
- Bulk marine terminals
- Container freight stations
- Container storage depots
- Inland clearance depots
- Marine terminals
- River terminals
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo, customers' equipment and ships
- Loss of, or damage to, equipment including loss due to strikes, riots and terrorist risks
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities including impact and sudden accidental pollution
- Fines for regulatory breach such as customs, pollution and safety at work
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
- Business interruption risks
- Fire legal liability
- Hull and P&I risks
- Infringement of personal rights
- Liability as a supplier of advice and information
- Property, from building and berths to fork lifts and conveyors
- Ships' agency liabilities
Cargo handling facility cover document 190 KB
Bulk cargo handling facility cover document 321 KB
North American cargo handling facility cover document 296 KB
Initial information request form - cargo handling facility 224 KB
Specific information document - cargo handling facility 224 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Cargo Handling Facilities 731 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Port Ships 748 KB
You may also be interested inView all
TT outlines the importance of robust standard trading conditions as part of a strong risk mitigation strategy.
TT Talk - Legal eagle: Buchanan confirmed
An interesting challenge to established English law relating to responsibility under CMR for excise duty where goods are lost or stolen.
TT Talk - Alert to customs representation
Recent years, not least consequent on Brexit, have seen greater opportunities for logistics operators to provide customs related services to their customers.
TT Talk - Value safety
Read more to find out the importance of safety culture in the transport and logistics industry and the steps needed to mitigate risk, reduce accidents, empower your workforce and improve efficiency