Logistics operators are more and more likely to be drawn into the value-add supply chain providing additional services like labelling, procurement and vendor management.
TT Club offers comprehensive cover for logistics operators covering traditional liabilities and newer risks associated with diversification. Each of our policies is tailor-made to suit the precise needs of the operation and to cover any gaps in other liability cover that you may have in place.
Who we insure
- Air Freight companies
- Freight forwarding companies
- Inland waterway operators
- Parcel carriers
- Railways or freight operators
- Road hauliers
- Tank or container operators
- Trailer operators
Typical cover for Transport & Logistics Operators
- Liabilities for loss of, or damage to, cargo
- Liabilities arising from errors and omissions including delay and unauthorised delivery
- Third party liabilities
- Fines for regulatory breach such as customs, pollution and safety at work
- Investigation, defence and mitigation costs
- Disposal costs following an accident
- Quarantine and disinfection costs
Additional cover for Transport & Logistics Operators
- Business interruption risks
- FMC bonds for NVOCs
- General average and salvage guarantees and contributions
- Loss of or damage to owned or leased equipment
- Property insurance such as buildings and contents, machinery and handling equipment
- Road and rail infrastructure
- Ships' agency liabilities
Transport and logistics operators cover document 272 KB
North American transport and logistics operator cover document 212 KB
Initial information request form - transport and logistics operators 224 KB
Specific information document - transport and logistics operators 168 KB
Specific information document - tank operators 106 KB
TT Club Wordings 2023 - Transport and logistics Operators 740 KB
You may also be interested inView all
TT outlines the importance of robust standard trading conditions as part of a strong risk mitigation strategy.
TT Talk - Alert to customs representation
Recent years, not least consequent on Brexit, have seen greater opportunities for logistics operators to provide customs related services to their customers.
TT Talk - Legal eagle: Buchanan confirmed
An interesting challenge to established English law relating to responsibility under CMR for excise duty where goods are lost or stolen.
TT Talk - Value safety
Read more to find out the importance of safety culture in the transport and logistics industry and the steps needed to mitigate risk, reduce accidents, empower your workforce and improve efficiency