The Nautical Institute 50th Anniversary conference
The conference will explore four principal areas: Criminalisation, Environment, Technology and Digitisation and The Role of the Seafarer and will be seeking answers to the following questions...
- Why do countries persist in criminalising seafarers?
- Why are seafarers arrested for events outside their control?
- How are environmental regulations likely to develop over the next 25 years?
- How can seafarers keep up with the IMO’s regulations but also those of national and local bodies?
- How can seafarers keep up with fast changing technology?
- How can conflicts between ships with a high degree of autonomy and those with little or none be managed?
- Do seafarers require better protection for abandonment and detention onboard?
- What can be done about these and many other issues?
Mike Yarwood will be Speaking on Criminalization in shipping at 14:45pm BST.