How to Improve Safety of Shipping Containers
Shipping containers are a vital part of the global supply chain, but they can also be a safety hazard. Damaged containers can lead to fires, explosions, and other accidents. In recent years, there has been a growing focus on improving the safety of shipping containers.
Ways to Improve the Safety of Shipping Containers
One way to improve safety is to use new technology. For example, ConexBird uses a combination of resonance testing and machine learning to measure the structural conditions of shipping containers. This information can be used to identify damaged containers and take steps to repair or remove them from service.
Another way to improve safety is to change the way shipping containers are handled. For example, Rich McLoughlin of Safety Tech Accelerator recommends that shippers focus on preventing damage to containers during loading and unloading. He also suggests that shippers use more robust securing methods to prevent containers from shifting during transportation.
Improving the safety of shipping containers is a complex challenge. However, by using new technology and changing the way shipping containers are handled, shippers can reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
Here are some additional tips for improving the safety of shipping containers:
- Inspect containers regularly for damage. This can be done visually or using a non-destructive testing method such as ultrasonic testing.
- Repair or replace damaged containers immediately. Do not use damaged containers until they have been repaired.
- Secure containers properly during loading and unloading. Use the correct type of securing equipment and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Store containers in a safe location. Protect containers from the elements and from unauthorized access.
- Train employees on how to handle and secure shipping containers safely. Employees should be aware of the potential hazards associated with shipping containers and how to prevent accidents.
By following these tips, shippers can help to improve the safety of shipping containers and reduce the risk of accidents and injuries..
The safety of shipping containers is a critical issue. By using new technology and changing the way shipping containers are handled, shippers can reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.