TT Club claims service
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, it helps us to have as full a picture as possible. The following is a brief list of actions we recommend that you take in the event of a claim or an event that may lead to a claim in the future:
- You should notify your appointed claims contact as soon as possible, using the appropriate team email address if using email
(All details will be provided on your Certificate of Insurance COI)
- Do not admit liability but inform the claimant you are investigating
- Investigate the cause of loss or damage and take steps to avoid any further damage
- Retain all evidence and all documentation
- Consider whether a survey is required or useful
- Take the necessary steps to mitigate/minimise any losses/ protect your recourse right.
Proud of our claims transparency
The global nature and complexity of the transport and logistics business means that claims can sometimes involve multiple claimants, with more than one insurer, in a foreign legal jurisdiction. As a Member or registered broker, you are able to have access to our unique ClamsTracTM system, enabling you to:
- view progress on live claims
- see who is handling your claim
- analyse the costs involved
- view your record history
- access details, 24/7, online, from anywhere in the world.
Of course it’s better to avoid costly and disruptive incidents in the first place. As a Member you will have access to our extensive loss prevention service that can help you to mitigate risk and adopt best practice.
When one of our Members’ crane operators mistakenly attempted to lift two containers, one fell back into the ships hold releasing dangerous chemicals. TT Club insurance covered the clean-up, decontamination and liability claim to a sum of US$500,000.